Signal Capacitors/Resistors - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd October 2001, 10:39 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Hi there! I'm building a preamplifier based on the OP134. While I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff, I'm wondering what kind of capacitors and resistors are best to use in the signal path.

I've never built a preamplifier or any kind of audio electronics before so I have no personal experience or oppinions regarding this.

The preamp isn't ment to be a "super high quality" device so the parts mustn't be "the best".

Best Wishes
StefanJ, Sweden
Old 23rd October 2001, 09:18 AM   #2
Freddie is offline Freddie  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I see you live in Sweden.

Well in the signal path use MKP capacitors. Elfa sells the SCR MKP cap it's good.

As for resistors I always use standard Metalfilm 1% tolerance, Elfa sells these too.

/Freddie
Old 23rd October 2001, 06:47 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks Freddie!, you don't know where to find good pots in Sweden aswell?, I think I'll use the Alps RK09 as volume control, but what to use for the balance?

ELFA has an Alp pot for balance, but since my economy isn't the best I don't want to spend to much money on this project.

If you know other places with lower prices, or if you have a better solution, please let me know.

Best Wishes
StefanJ, Sweden

Hide this!Advertise here!