Power Supply for Amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok i've just built an amp using TDA2030 IC, i used the single power supply version of the circuit tanken off the component Datasheet. Now, i've tested it with a computer power supply and it works ok, but i'd like to build a power supply for it but if i use a common one, i get a horrible sound, so i take it it has to be very very filtered if not regulated (if i'm not wrong, it has to have very small ripple...)any schematics for such thing? cause i thought using LM7812 to regulate and capacitors to filter but i'm not sure if it'll be enough.
Thanks again everyone!

Hi,
most decent chipamps have adequate Power Supply Rejection Ratio (PSRR) to hide the small ripple at quiescent conditions and to hide the big ripple when delivering significant output current.

A conventional unregulated PSU consisting of just a transformer + rectifier + smoothing cap is usually enough for a single supply ?Vdc to 0Vdc.

Be careful to ensure the maximum voltage from your PSU is less than the absolute maximum Chipamp voltage requirement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.