Audio grade axial electrolytics 47uf/63v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi im looking to replace some Philips electrolyics in my amplifier. They are 47uf/63v. Heres a picture of the amp. there are two differant types of small lytic caps in the amp both are made by Philips. One is a light blue radial type which im going to replace with Cerafines, but the metalic blue axial lead parts are a bit harder to fnd a suitable replacement for. I guess I could just use a radial and leave the leads long, but im not sure this is such a good idea? Anyone know where i could get these caps or something similar or better??
thanks

Attachments

• exposurexv3.jpg
    exposurexv3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 206
Xicon's high temp electrolytic caps are favored by most everyone in the DIY audio world. They're a very vivid green.
Check them out here:
http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine...e matchall&Ntk=Mouser_Wildcards&Ntt=*140htrl*

None exactly rated for 63 volts but going a little higher can't hurt. I've used a LOT of different caps in my audio circuits, the high temp vivid green Xicon's by far sound the best out of the aluminum electrolytic. There is a noticeable difference when I've used these in contrast to so many others. They just seem more detailed and less harsh sounding.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.