Technics suv4x - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2007, 04:05 PM   #1
dovi is offline dovi  Israel
diyAudio Member

Default Technics suv4x

First thread for me - EVER.
Just off the flee market after buying a nice and cleaned technics suv4x amp.
Considering myself a seasoned electronis engineer with lots ( apperantly not long enough ) of experiance i bought this at about 15$ knowing I can't fail this.
And o did i fall.
The thing was previosly dealt by an expert: the power section -which is a double class A amp in a single package was missing. And certainly unavailable anymore exept for imprint copycats.
Has anyone done a convertion to chipamp with good results to a similar amp?
Its so nice inside - with heat piping and good power supply -shame to throw it away - not to mention the loss of face and faith in myself.
I know I deserve it
but seriously now - anyone with similar problem/ answer?

Dovi
Old 2nd February 2007, 04:56 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

$15 !! Looks like a great bargin assuming the PS and parts still work.

" ... Has anyone done a convertion to chipamp with good results to a similar amp? ... Its so nice inside - with heat piping and good power supply -shame to throw it away ..."

I can't find any decent pictures online of the interior of your suv4x, but FYI: I did a nice similar upgrade to an old Crown amp using power MOSFET mudules ( http://3dotaudio.com/ampics.html ) ... keeping all the perfectly useful hardware and torrid xformer, etc.

(IMOP: discrete input power MOSFET amps sound somewhat better than "chip amps" ... but others may disagree.)

Old 20th February 2007, 07:35 AM   #3
aman is offline aman  India
diyAudio Member

Default technics,sux90

hi dovi
I too bought a second hand technics amp su x90 a few day back and thought i could repair it. When i opened it everything was intact but when i powered it up there was no display on the FLT and none of the micro swithces on the front panel is working.The front panel is fully digitally controlled. I also change the chip lm6402h(microcomputer chip,RAM,ROM etc.)throught which wires of the swithces are comming but there was no result after tinkering for 3-4 days.The output IC svi2004a is ok as it is giving the output hissing when i touch the inputs with a pair of twizzers.
Now i m out of ideas in finding the fault and there's no working su-x90 nearby to swap the components to find out the faulty one and i dont have the schematic of amp. If any of the friend of diy community have the schematic plea.........se mail it to me at aman_4g@yahoo.com
I have seen a part of the schematic of su v4x amp.It also use the svi2004a (class a amp) chip.This amp has rotary controls on the front panel whereas the su x90 has got digital controls and a cute dispaly of spectrum analyser and 7 band graphic equalizer controlled by lm6402h chip.
Aman,india
Old 7th August 2007, 01:07 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SVI2004A
heh i have schematics for both those amplifiers,

have 3 SU-X90s and a 4th playing up (minor -15V reg problem)
Old 10th August 2007, 12:07 PM   #5
aman is offline aman  India
diyAudio Member

Default svi2004a

hi ,
could u plz send me the schematic of both amplifiers coz my x90 is still lying dead.
it would be a great help to me
rgrds [email]Aman_4g@yahoo.com[/email

Hide this!Advertise here!