What is this connector called?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wonder what the PSU connector on the older Soundcraft mixing desks are called. Here is an eBay auction for a power supply:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soundcraft-CPS-...5257276QQihZ011QQcategoryZ23785QQcmdZViewItem

The connector has two rows of pins, one with 3 the other with 2 pins. There is also a locking ring. I'm going to build a new power supply, a replacement from soundrcaft costs 600$ :eek: or something and it's not even complicated... (LM338 regulators :D)

Hi,
it looks like a 180 degree 4pin with an extra 5th pin in the centre.

That is different from a 180 degree 5pin.

It's the 5th centre pin that makes it unusual.

Difficult to tell the size of the connector but is may be XLR or if smaller could it be DIN?
But, again I have not seen a 180 4pin with 5th centre in DIN sockets.

Cut it off and fit a 5way XLR at both ends.

" ... The connector has two rows of pins, one with 3 the other with 2 pins. There is also a locking ring. ..."
" ... I'm going to build a new power supply, a replacement from soundrcaft costs 600$ or something and it's not even complicated... (LM338 regulators ) ..."

Good show. As long as you are building a new PS, you should replace this very "non-standard" connector with something better and more easily obtainable. (If you absolutely have to keep this connector, just find a 5-pin "DIN" type that fits the pins (and holes on the reciptical) and not necessarily the locking ring, etc.)
:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.