Cross referencing Toshiba transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I'm new to refurbishing older amps, and need some transistors to replace 2 Toshiba complimentary pairs of 2SA1263 and 2SC3180.

Has anyone any suggestions of currently available transistors that will suffice? I'm not sure if the cross referencing on various websites is reliable enough.

Which parameters must be matched in the replacements?

Cheers and thanks

Stuey

Thanks for the replies.

The package is SOT-93, so I'm assuming the TO-247 legs can be manipulated to fit... Not only that, but my usual electronics store has them.

I have heard of one repairer using TIP2955/TIP3055 (which is in the same case - SOT-93) but I'm assuming the Motorolas are more suitable? They are certainly more expensive! Still, I'd prefer quality. This is a gift repair for someone.

Pars, I'll have a look at those links. I didn't think the originals were still available.

Cheers again.

Stuey

Thanks Richie...I appreciate your input.

As for the format, I've found that it's correctly a TO-3P case anyway; I was wrong.

I'll try the links Pars gave, otherwise I'll buy the local Motorolas. I meant above that my local store has the MJL21193/21194. At least at AU $9 and $11 each respectively, they are probably genuine...!

Cheers

Stuey

Richie,

No worries, I appreciate your help. It turns out I finally got a reply from a local supplier who stocks the correct Toshibas at a good price. I didn't think I would...

They also have the small Toshiba TO220's in the same amplifier stage.

Thanks again to all of you.

Stu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.