Anyone ever tried NICCOMP caps? Could use recommendation too

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was hunting around datasheets for a few hours looking at SMT electrolytics.

Sanyo OSCONs were leading, as I was expecting. However, I remembered looking at NICCOMP a while ago and revisited. It seems that NICCOMP's caps have equally amazingly low ESR, TAN loss and high ripple currents.

Sanyo OSCON 10uF at 10Vdc
ESR 220mOhms @ 100 - 300kHz
Ripple 700mARMS
TAN 0.1
Leakage 50uA
~100mm^3 volume

NICCOMP NPC 15uF at 8Vdc
ESR 15mOhms @ 100kHz (15x better)
Ripple 3,000 (4x better)
Tan 0.05 (2x better)
Leakage 4.8uA (10x better, unless you're using it to keep your regulator in regulation... :))
~60mm^3 (2x better)

Okay, so they're not identical capacitances or voltage values, but they're close enough for comparison. Even if you swap around the Sanyo OSCONS to different values the NICCOMP retains excellence performance it'd seem.

Maybe I'm stating the obviously, it's just I haven't seen their name anywhere near as often as Sanyo's despite the datasheet suggesting they're potentially even better.

I'm sure I've dealt with NICCOMP as well and they were very pleasant as my memory goes.

What do you guys think? Tried them? Heard of them? Like them, don't like them?

Also, I'd like to ask for a suggestion.... I'm putting together an ultra low noise supply using some LT regulators. I need 10uF on the output as per the datasheet to achieve the 20uV noise level. I have two choices;

120 mOhms ESR
1020 mARMS
0.1 TAN loss

Or...
45 mOhms ESR
2000 mARMS
0.12 TAN loss

Which should I go for?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.