j50+k135 mosfet replacments - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2003, 07:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default j50+k135 mosfet replacments

can anybody sugest either a suitable replacment or a source for these transistors as my sub is rather queit without them
all i could find on google were japenese sites that i have a bit of trouble understanding,and none of my catoulges or data books list them.
hippy
Old 5th January 2003, 07:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi hippy
They can be replaced with [ 2SK1530 in the place of 2SK135 ] and [ 2SJ201 in the place of 2SJ50 ]. The new transistors are in plastic case ÔĎ-3Ń and no TO-3, bear in bigger supply of operation and have positive factor of temperature. This mean that with the increase of temperature, is increased and the current that is gone through from through the transistor.
Old 5th January 2003, 08:01 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

many thanks sir,i went over top on the heatsink so the increase in tempreture shouldn't be a proplem,if it is then i'll add more metal
cheers hippy
Old 5th January 2003, 08:12 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Old 6th January 2003, 08:36 AM   #5
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

I have couple 2SK135 and 2SJ50 for sale.
Old 6th January 2003, 09:54 AM   #6
vuki is offline vuki  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Default fet source

Hi hippy,

I think this will help you: http://www.borbelyaudio.com
Old 6th January 2003, 10:17 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default mosfet replacements

Try 2SK1058 and 2SJ162 which are the plastic equivalents/replacement from Hitachi. You can compare their specs by doing a search at google.com

ckt
Old 6th January 2003, 11:18 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

In my amp the K135 and J50 broke down: the MOS gates were leaky, apparently the protection diodes did not work so well after all.

I used the BUZ901 and BUZ906 parts. However expensive, they are far more robust. I never had any problems ever since, but maybe the price is a bit of an overkill for a sub amp.

Anyway, success, grtz bart
Old 6th January 2003, 02:11 PM   #9
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bommels
In my amp the K135 and J50 broke down: the MOS gates were leaky, apparently the protection diodes did not work so well after all.
The protection diodes are zeners and must be protected against over currents. The zener voltage is +-14 volts.

You can break these diodes if you have no control over the output current and/or the driver can deliver too much current.

An easy way of current limitation is to attach zeners with voltage under 12 volts.

My experience of K135/J50 (when designed in correctly) is very good. Noone has been to any trouble. I think Nelson Pass can say the same thing.
Old 6th January 2003, 09:13 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

thanks for all the help,will compare prices\specs of the varies devices sugested,and most importantly which ones my local supplier stocks

Hide this!Advertise here!