Adapting speakers with red/black wire connection to pc?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this as I'm both new and ignorant enough that I don't understand half the forums here. But I would like a simple and cheap way to adapt my old sony speakers to use with my computer. They are each about 8"w x 10"d x 12"h and I don't know if I'd need a subwoofer for my computer to power them. They have a red and black wire connection as seen in the picture in this thread. That thread says I should be able to just use an old headphone jack and play around with the wires but I'm dubious. Any advice or ideas? Keep in mind I need layman's terms! Thanks!

Yopur PC sound card probably would NOT put out enough signal to drive a set of speakers, that is why Most PC speakers have a built in amplifier.....

If you had a Small Amp or a stereo reciever you could get an adapter to go from your Sound card output into the Input on the Amp/Reciever and out from the Amp/Reciever into the speakers...

You would probably need an 1/8 stereo Male to Stereo RCA Male adapter or simular.....

Or just spend the $10 and get a crappy pair of PC speakers....

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.