Creating a NPE capacitor question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am trying to create a 10 Uf 100v non polarized electrolytic capacitor. I hate to go through mouser and pay 6.00 or so for shipping a 30 cent part to me.

It has been suggested that I could take 2 20 Uf electrolytic capacitors and by soldering the + sides together, would put the capacitors in series creating a 10 uf npe one. But would the voltage be the same in this configuration? and would it work?

I got the parts 2 x 20 Uf 150v I just want to see if this is correct before I solder it into my Amplifier.

Thanks for any help that you can give me,
Jeff

Thanks,
I was googling this subject and received all sorts of answers. + to +, - to -, and even parallel with the + and - leads connected.

Since there are no diodes in npe caps, They are not 3 lead devices, and Wapakanita states that they are 2 electolytic capacitors connected + to + internally, I will do it that way.

Thanks,
Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.