Rubycon USR capacitors rated 105C - Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ordered four Rubycon electrolytic capacitors from China, 10000uF 63V.
I got them today, they seem OK, but are marked 105C.
(see pic)
And I couldn't find USR capacitors with a 105C temperature rating on the Rubycon website.
Should I worry or not? :confused:

Attachments

• rubycon1.jpg
    rubycon1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,099
Hi All,

I too had bought 105 degree USR series caps for a fellow in China. These may be fake - as pointed out, the USR series is 85 degree only.

The caps I boughts were 47,000uF, 63V, 105 deg.

So I tested the caps. With a quick timimg test (you know, the time to charge to 63% of source voltage) I estimated the capacitors to all be slightly greater than 47,000uF. The highest being over 70,000uF. That would put if out of the USR +/-20% spec... The test was by no menas accurate, just an estimate, so I could be wrong on the tollerance.

Happy that they were indeed 47,000uF, I was worried about the 63V rating. I hooked one up to a 63V source and left it overnight. No problems. Repeated for all caps and found no problems. So, I'll conclude that they're not, say, 25V caps and assume that the 63V marking is correct.

They all hold a charge just fine. There are no massive leakage currents.

I haven't done an ESR test, but so far I'm actually happy with the caps, so I probably wouldn't bother. I also have not subjected them to a high ripple current.

So far they seem to be good caps. Are there any other tests I should run before relying on them?

Gigapod - did you use your caps, and how did they fair?

Cheers,

Dan

Hello all!

I also bought four of those Rubycon 10000uf 63V 105C caps. I had already installed them in my Luxman L-450 when I started checking for info on the Rubycon website and failed to find anything about those USR 105C. So far my amplifier is performing quite well with those caps and everything seems to be up to snuff. Anybody having trouble with them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.