Type 72 30-way stud switch... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2007, 10:47 PM   #1
sklimek is offline sklimek  United States
diyAudio Member
sklimek's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Arizona badlands
Default Type 72 30-way stud switch...

Type 72 30-way stud switch - "Type 72 switches are about the same size as a traditional wafer switch but the contacts are silver or gold brass studs precision moulded into a thermosetting plastic wafer with a small wiper travelling across these and the center ring..." MJ

Does anyone know where to locate these type of stud switches that Morgan Jones talks about in his book for making switched attenuators? I've googled but I think there must be another description to find them, it seems to be a UK item??

  Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 12:58 PM   #2
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
EC8010's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Near London. UK
Yes, they're a UK thing. Sussex Surplus in Brighton (UK) used to stock them.
The loudspeaker: The only commercial Hi-Fi item where a disproportionate part of the budget isn't spent on the box. And the one where it would make a difference...
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with rotary switch type analog_sa Parts 10 7th April 2008 05:30 PM
What is this type of switch called? Phatriff Parts 22 8th February 2008 09:57 AM
What type of momentary switch Nordic Parts 1 8th October 2006 09:47 AM
looking for a certain type of switch Catfish45 Everything Else 3 4th April 2006 03:34 AM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:11 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2