Fake transistors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
The pictured transistors 2SA1302/2SC3281 arriver yesterday from FUTURLEC eshop.
These were supposed to be MOSPEC brand and I thought that it would be an easy solution and that there isn’t possibly a MOSPEC fake since they can make fakes with TOSHIBA brand which are more expensive to sell them with more profit so there is no point in making a fake MOSPEC.
The problem is that the transistors I received have a logo that is similar to MOSPEC but it is different and also the case is much bigger, it should be (as in the mospec datasheet) TO247 (21,5mm x 15,8) but instead this is a TO264 (26mm x 20mm).
I was wondering is anyone recognizes the logo, can it be of another company?
As you can see the logo resembles the MOSPEC logo but the C looks like an A.

Thank you
Alex

Attachments

• mospec.jpg
    mospec.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 295
mospec 2sa1302/2sc3281

I did not know Mospec had bought the license to make them.The logo looks misleading but the size is correct (TO 264).With counterfeiting widespread I would think Mospec would have use laser marking instead of cheap silkscreen.I guess the only way is to split open the package and look at the die size.

Re: mospec 2sa1302/2sc3281

singa said:
I did not know Mospec had bought the license to make them.The logo looks misleading but the size is correct (TO 264).With counterfeiting widespread I would think Mospec would have use laser marking instead of cheap silkscreen.I guess the only way is to split open the package and look at the die size.

Hi
According to the mospec datasheet for these transistors the case should be TO247 as the one in the picture i posted in the first message, toshiba is the one that makes the TO264 (and the fakes too are TO264).
Have you ever seen the mospec logo on a transistor and if so was it like the one on my picture or like the one in the datasheet (which i also have in the lower section of my attached picture in the first post).
Isn't the capacitance high enough, if the waffer was small wouldn't the cap. be less?

Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.