Your Equipment !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, what brand of soldering irons do most of you guys use here ? I am thinking of getting a Madell 936A (Hakko clone) soldering station, reason being I am able to readily find Hakko and aftermarket tips everywhere. I have worked in the electronics industry for many years and I do not own a quality soldering iron myself and getting tired of unplugging those pencil type irons when they get too hot, but now it a good time get one as any. The new Metcal(OKI) are garbage, they are all made in China and more than 3/4 have failed in the 2 months we got them at the shop, but the overall price was the same when they were made in the USA. Hakkos and Pace are good, but I think they are overpriced, a new unit is over $200 and the handle itself is $175, Weller I don't like much, but their higher end stuff is getting better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.