How can i compare My RIAA sim with ideal curve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have modelled a RIAA preamp in circuitmaker which looks good in theory, and the curve matches very closely the output from the national semiconductor "example circuit" of the LM4562. which I moddeled along side it. my circuit is active rather than passive though and uses only one opamp per channel.

how do i even know the national one one is any good though. i would like a way to somehow check my simulation against a proper idealised RIAA curve.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

best regards
Neutron7

I ended up copying a table of RIAA values into excel and then comparing my results to them. then i made a graph.

The drop at the low end is because there is a rumble filter below 20hz.
it actually gos down about 20db at 1 hz.

I am just waiting for some capacitors from ebay to build it! and because there is a large value cap on such a sensitive circuit, i think i might have toi get some of those black gate NX for the rumble filter.

theoretically the voltage on the cap would never be more than 5 volts but do you think it is safe to use a 6.3v blackgate there (because they are only $2.50 :D there might be a short transient near the rails on switch on.

Attachments

• riaaeqgraph.jpg
    riaaeqgraph.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 92
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.