Where to buy Nichicon HZ, HN or Rubycon MCZ in North America ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I assure you there is a large demand for them. Rubycon is a tough company to deal with though and they do not have any distributers who carry stock in the US. You have to buy in large quantities and wait 18 weeks for them to arrive. Rubycon MCZ are the best capacitors made for PC motherboards just like their BlackGates were the best for audio. The ZL, ZA, and ZLGs are favories among sites like referenceaudiomods although their prices are a bit high.

I assure you there is a large demand for them. Rubycon is a tough company to deal with though and they do not have any distributers who carry stock in the US. You have to buy in large quantities and wait 18 weeks for them to arrive. Rubycon MCZ are the best capacitors made for PC motherboards just like their BlackGates were the best for audio. The ZL, ZA, and ZLGs are favories among sites like referenceaudiomods although their prices are a bit high.

Niche market devices. Mouser and Digikey aim more for manufacturers and repairs.

In 2008 I bought 15,000 replacement caps for my employer and if they said 85C for temperature, they were ignored out of hand. But we were repairing video gear and who cares about the audio anyway? I bought Panasonc FM as first choice, FC for second and Nichicon PW 3rd choice. For surface mount Panasonic FK and some HD series. We didn't want to replace them a second time.

Panasonic FM are good caps but the problem with them is they do not make the values often used by major manufactures like Dell and Apple. 6.3v 1800uF or a 16v 1000uF 8mm Dia for example. They also tend to be physically larger and won't fit in many applications. I carry some Panasonic FMs along with a few Nichicon series and United Chemi-Cons. I trust Rubycon and use them for 99% of my repairs. The Rubycon\Nichicon\Panasonic\UCC debate is a lot like the Ford vs Chevy or PC vs Apple no one will ever agree.

Panasonic FM are good caps but the problem with them is they do not make the values often used by major manufactures like Dell and Apple. 6.3v 1800uF or a 16v 1000uF 8mm Dia for example. They also tend to be physically larger and won't fit in many applications. I carry some Panasonic FMs along with a few Nichicon series and United Chemi-Cons. I trust Rubycon and use them for 99% of my repairs. The Rubycon\Nichicon\Panasonic\UCC debate is a lot like the Ford vs Chevy or PC vs Apple no one will ever agree.

1800 @ 6.3 Volt sounds like a computer motherboard capacitor. For those I used Nichicons from Mouser. Panasonics weren't anywhere near appropriate size for PC motherboards

The 15000 caps included 4,000 100 uF 25V Panasonic FM. They were $57.54 in bags of 1000. 10uF 25V FC was a big use item as well.

If the Rubycons are 105C caps I would have looked but Digikey has lots of Panasoincs and no Rubycons so that's why.

I have purchased from the Cap King myself, but I do take exception at the blatant spamming of his business here and everywhere else.

For the record, Badcaps.Net is the pioneer of both identifying the caps problem, offering a repair service, and an extensive forum devoted entirely to this problem.

The Badcaps forum offers in-depth tutorials on DIY board repairs on a variety of products. I have no connection with Badcaps.Net other than being a forum member.

I sell the parts the people who opened this thread were looking for so I offered a solution to their problem. Guess it could be considered spam but actually useful spam, not trying to get people to click on some unrelated junk. I look through forums to see what parts people may need then include them on my website. Not letting people know that I have the parts they are asking about seems kind of stupid if I spent the time and money to get them and they obviously are looking for them. Not sure where badcaps came into play, I like badcaps their forums have helped me out in the past.

If I can pick up any of them with a magnet, then none of them are true 'audio grade', they will all suffer from a metallic sound addition to each and every transient and bit of micro detail. This can seem to help in dark sounding gear and situations...but it is really just a form of additive and masking distortion. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.