Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th March 2010, 01:44 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Panasonic FM are good caps but the problem with them is they do not make the values often used by major manufactures like Dell and Apple. 6.3v 1800uF or a 16v 1000uF 8mm Dia for example. They also tend to be physically larger and won't fit in many applications. I carry some Panasonic FMs along with a few Nichicon series and United Chemi-Cons. I trust Rubycon and use them for 99% of my repairs. The Rubycon\Nichicon\Panasonic\UCC debate is a lot like the Ford vs Chevy or PC vs Apple no one will ever agree.
Old 10th March 2010, 03:49 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapKing38 View Post
Panasonic FM are good caps but the problem with them is they do not make the values often used by major manufactures like Dell and Apple. 6.3v 1800uF or a 16v 1000uF 8mm Dia for example. They also tend to be physically larger and won't fit in many applications. I carry some Panasonic FMs along with a few Nichicon series and United Chemi-Cons. I trust Rubycon and use them for 99% of my repairs. The Rubycon\Nichicon\Panasonic\UCC debate is a lot like the Ford vs Chevy or PC vs Apple no one will ever agree.
1800 @ 6.3 Volt sounds like a computer motherboard capacitor. For those I used Nichicons from Mouser. Panasonics weren't anywhere near appropriate size for PC motherboards

The 15000 caps included 4,000 100 uF 25V Panasonic FM. They were $57.54 in bags of 1000. 10uF 25V FC was a big use item as well.

If the Rubycons are 105C caps I would have looked but Digikey has lots of Panasoincs and no Rubycons so that's why.

G≤
Old 10th March 2010, 04:30 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

The specs sell themselves for the 25v 100uF

Rubycon ZLG 6.3X11mm Rated Ripple: 760mA r.m.s. Imped at 20c .065
Panasonic FM 6.3X11.2mm Rated Ripple: 455mA r.m.s. Imped at 20c .13
Old 11th March 2010, 04:21 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapKing38 View Post
The specs sell themselves for the 25v 100uF

Rubycon ZLG 6.3X11mm Rated Ripple: 760mA r.m.s. Imped at 20c .065
Panasonic FM 6.3X11.2mm Rated Ripple: 455mA r.m.s. Imped at 20c .13
OK, they're better but they're made of unobtainium.

G≤
Old 12th March 2010, 12:25 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

What ones do you need or would you like to see stateside? I put in new orders every week. I am putting in this week for 1K of each 25v 10uF and 25v 100uF.
Old 30th May 2010, 06:17 PM   #16
bgavin is offline bgavin  United States
diyAudio Member

I have purchased from the Cap King myself, but I do take exception at the blatant spamming of his business here and everywhere else.

For the record, Badcaps.Net is the pioneer of both identifying the caps problem, offering a repair service, and an extensive forum devoted entirely to this problem.

The Badcaps forum offers in-depth tutorials on DIY board repairs on a variety of products. I have no connection with Badcaps.Net other than being a forum member.
Old 12th August 2010, 07:46 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

I sell the parts the people who opened this thread were looking for so I offered a solution to their problem. Guess it could be considered spam but actually useful spam, not trying to get people to click on some unrelated junk. I look through forums to see what parts people may need then include them on my website. Not letting people know that I have the parts they are asking about seems kind of stupid if I spent the time and money to get them and they obviously are looking for them. Not sure where badcaps came into play, I like badcaps their forums have helped me out in the past.
Old 12th August 2010, 07:58 PM   #18
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

You can cut down on the spamming criticism by inviting persons to talk off line or better yet you can help support this forum by advertising.

Thanks for your support.

diyAudio - Advertise
Old 15th August 2010, 06:04 AM   #19
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

If I can pick up any of them with a magnet, then none of them are true 'audio grade', they will all suffer from a metallic sound addition to each and every transient and bit of micro detail. This can seem to help in dark sounding gear and situations...but it is really just a form of additive and masking distortion.
Old 15th August 2010, 12:25 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

I found Nichicon KZ at Handmade Electronics:

ProductCart shopping cart software - Handmade Electronics

Prices are reasonable & quick shipping. I have no affiliation with same...just trying to help!

Hide this!Advertise here!