Is a Vitreous Enamel wirewound resistor a good replacement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
My name is Eric & I'm new to the forum and would like to say Hi to everyone.
I do have a question and would really appreciate some help:

I have a couple of Kenwood L-09M mono amps that have a 10 watt 16k ohm ceramic cement resistor (white rectangular type)on the power supply board. The resistor is mounted so close to the board that the board is burnt and the contacts lifted up off the board on both amps. It 's a simple fix.
What I want to do is get new resistors and leave the leads longer so the resistor stays further away from the board but finding the ceramic cement type in the 16k ohm is hard to find.
I went to my local electronics shop and was given Vitreous Enamel wire wound resistors of the same value & wattage rating

My question is if I use the enamel type will there be any concerns of creating any problems such as handling the heat or adding distortion into the audio or any other problems that may occur ?
Thanks in advance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.