DIY audio Bracket? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2006, 10:51 PM   #1
ROBSCIX is offline ROBSCIX  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default DIY audio Bracket?

Hey guys, I am new to this stuff but I am trying to learn. I would like to build a bracket for my PC. this bracket will have two stereo RCA inputs. Four RCA jacks, which will be connecting up to two 4 pin MPC jacks on the sound card. They are the Aux_in and CD_in. I would like to order the parts for the bracket but I am not sure what I am after and how I would mount them to the PCI shield.
I know I would have to drill four holes in the PCI shield then attach the RCA jacks. I am thinking these jacks come with some type of mounting screws depeding on what kind you buy. I am thnking I need panel mount? After this I wil attach twi stereo MPC cables and attach to my soundcard. All seems simple enouhg it's just I don't know the part names of the RCA jacks I could/would use? or is this one of those things you just use whatever can work? thanks for the helps guys....also if there is a company that already makes these it might be easier just to buy one. THX for any help you can give me..
Old 8th December 2006, 02:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Man, 31 views and no help?
Old 8th December 2006, 02:43 PM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

If you want the standard type of connector as on a computer soundcard, you need chassis/panel mount 3.5mm stereo jack sockets. If you want the same connectors as on hifi equipment, you should be looking for RCA/phono sockets.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 8th December 2006, 02:57 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I prefer to use RCA for this project although it may actually be easier to use 3.5 mm jacks and just use different cables...hmm..think about it.

Hide this!Advertise here!