Calculations for PCB etching solution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No flux?

You have to be kidding. I won't do SMD's without it.

As for tinning solution, I'm still lamenting tha loss of KEPRO as a liquid tinning solution provider. I would NEVER do another FLUX and manual solder coating again. The results are tricky and usually horrible.

KEPRO made the best solution named "room temperature immersion tin plating". Now, since there is little competition left, you really want to use MG chemicals pre-mixed tinning solution to dip the board in and not the other TINNIT "shipped dry" mixture. I've had nasty results with TINNIT and it requires a heated solution.

pw

[Edit:] DIY recipe for electroless silver plating solution:
15 g AgNO3
30 g Na2S2O3
10 g NH4Cl
All in 1 L water.

Household ammonia can probably be substituted for the chloride. The silver nitrate can be made by either dissolving silver in nitric acid, or electrolytically dissolving it (anode) in a nitrate salt solution; the Na or K won't cause a problem in this usage. No idea where to get the thiosulfate, however. I read it's used in some handwarmers, dechlorination, and leather tanning, so those are potential sources.

Hey, if you're gonna DIY, DIY all the way :devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.