PMBFJ620 dual Jfet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm planning to use it in the folded cascode front end like this. What's your opinion on this Jfet pair? Or can you recommend other easier avalaible jfet pair?

Thanks.

Attachments

• folded_cascode.jpg
    folded_cascode.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 313
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
without looking at exact schmtc with all values ,including voltage-it's hard to say..........besides-is it 2SK369 originally in schmtc?
with S of 40mA/V it's pretty hard to find adequate replacement type...even 2SK389 have just half of that.....

mebbe two 2SK389,but they are also hard to find......

seems that your philips part is somewhere around 15mA/V.....so maybe one case (two in parallel) instead one half of 369.........

give us schmtc (if it's too large to post here , mail it to me (chokyATneobee.net) and I'll shrink it for here or host it for some time

EDIT:

OK google is our friend

http://home.no.net/andiha/articles/audio/claclassa.htm

there is all info you need

Does paralleling more fet provides any disadvantage besides the advantage of increases transcoductance and lowering the input loise level?

FYI, I do not have the final design yet. Just something playing in my mind to use differential Jfet folded cascode front end and single ended class A MOSFET source follower. The objective is to eliminate miller compensation caps by having only single stage high gain folded cascode. Do you think this configuration will produce nice sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.