Capacitor Mounting Clamps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I fashion these from sheet aluminum using a pair of tin snips. Just use a little math to determine the diameter, lay out a pattern for the tabs. They work as well as the manufactured variety.

Or you can buy them from Allied Electronics www.alliedelec.com -- just search under capacitor mounting hardware.

Here's one left over from a bunch I made back in the 1980's (it was for an SP-3 clone :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Check the electrical dept at Home Depot(or Loews). I use 2" EMT mounting clamps . Old timer electricians call them Mae West clamps because of the shape. They work and look great as long as you don't mind bolting them to the side wall of your chassis. Used them when I built my ESP-101 amps. Best part is they cost 69 cents each.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.