A/V Replicator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am new to the forum and I am looking for some info on a product that allows me to duplicate the signal from my living room cable HD-DVR to the standard television in my bedroom. I know such a product exists however I can't seem to find any info.

I have searched the entire forum and haven't seen anything about this so any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

GP

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi GP12,

Welcome!
What kind of HD-DVR do you have and what outputs does it provide, what input options on the bedroom TV?
The PVR's I have seen have had several options for output and of these at least some of them for simultaneous use.

I am using a scientific Atlantic explorer 8300HD cable DVR. The DVR has coax, composite, component, and HDMI outputs. I'm currently using component cords to connect the box to the TV in the living room. The TV in the other room has all the above inputs available, unfortunately it isn’t possible to run a wire between both rooms.

I appreciate the reply 4fun and any suggestions would be great,

Gp

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
GP12,

You could go wireless RF transmission, lots of solutions for composite signal and there is even HDMI wireless transmitters and receivers on the market.
Google for wireless HDMI and you will find lots of info.

Personally I use cables so I have little experience of these solutions. Others may have more experience of wireless AV distributions, prefered brands, reviews etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.