TO3 puzzle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not recognizable as any Motorola part number; it's most likely an in-house number for some equipment manufacturer, made and/or selected to specification for them by Motorola. You'll have to use an ohmmeter to measure the diode drops to tell if it's bipolar and NPN or PNP, for example. A curve tracer could probably tell you something about gain and breakdown voltages. After that, who knows? It looks like a 1979 date code, so that helps narrow down the possibilities a little bit.

Do you know what sort of equipment it came from? Is the case aluminum or steel?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Damon Hill said:
Not recognizable as any Motorola part number; it's most likely an in-house number for some equipment manufacturer, made and/or selected to specification for them by Motorola. You'll have to use an ohmmeter to measure the diode drops to tell if it's bipolar and NPN or PNP, for example. A curve tracer could probably tell you something about gain and breakdown voltages. After that, who knows? It looks like a 1979 date code, so that helps narrow down the possibilities a little bit.

Do you know what sort of equipment it came from? Is the case aluminum or steel?

exactly same thoughts I have....
anyway-it's more like puzzle,not really that I'm so desperate ,so I just have small hopes that someone have handy real data....
look here :http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1070998#post1070998

tnx!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.