Transmitters without transistors or Tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Do anyone of you know if a you can build a transmitter operating at +- 88Mhz or higher, like in the Ghz range
And it must all work without any transistors or tubes, must only work with coils,caps, resistors,crystals or slow stable oscillators like the 555 timer IC and any other new homemade switching technology hidden in somebody’s electronic master’s closet are welcome

I want to discover something cool like the Klystron tube, it can operate @ 3Ghz
And normal tubes probably not, it’s like in the Hz – KHz range

This is a unique device for me “The Klystron tube” weird but wicked

So what de Advantage/Disadvantage of going to High Frequency like higher than 50GHz to 500Ghz of even to the THz Range

check out a picture of a MJ2955 Transistor slashed open

Attachments

• rimg0004.jpg
    rimg0004.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 157
I don't understand. A 555 timer IC contains many transistors. What do you want to do with the transmitter?

There are currently very few devices known to man that can oscillate at Terahertz frequencies.

Passive devices may resonate at some high frequency, but they can't "transmit" without some power input (i.e. active circuits). The power input could be another high frequency transmitter, and if the device contains a nonlinear junction it may cause a change in the frequency that can be detected remotely, but that is sort of stretching the definition of a transmitter.

I_F

Onra, I understand your viewpoint, it’s interesting to me, your right it will probably make a good oscillator in the visible spectrum between 400 nm and 700nm and that’s between Ultraviolet and Infra-red.

But how can you transformer that oscillation to a electric signal ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.