AD8066 vs. LM4562

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I realize this thread is a bit old, but here goes. I have used the AD8066 for quite some time in a Pimeta headphone amp and it is the best op amp I have tried. Granted I have not tried the other op amp mentioned by the OP but I like the AD8066 so much I don't feel the need to try any others. I especially like the ability to run on low voltages. I use two lithium ion rechargeable batteries in series @ 7.2 volts and they last a very long time. The Pimeta uses buffers on the outputs so there is no overheating issue. All the detail is there, I prefer what others call "harsh" sound because that's when the full spectrum is getting through. I have quite a bit of experience with music on all fronts, having performed in various bands and choir. I know what music is supposed to sound like and this chip delivers no matter what genre the music. Some other chips I've tried include the following:
AD823
AD8620
OPA2132
OPA1642
LM6172
OPA2227
OPA627
and many others. The last one above, the OPA627, is a single channel op amp that is very, very good also. I built a daughter board to mount two of these for insertion in a socket wired for a dual op amp and it performed well. Very difficult to decide which is better, the OPA627 or the AD8066. But I'll finish by saying the Analog Devices 8066 is in my Pimeta now and will most likely stay there. After several years of rolling chips I am satisfied.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.