linn speaker wire connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know where I can buy some speaker wire terminators / connectors (for speaker end) for the nutty Linn speaker terminals? I've looked at partsexpress and several other pages, gone through tons of yahoo search pages and haven't been able to find anything, not on Ebay or anywhere. Driving me nuts as I have recently come into posession of some very nice Linn speakers and though they do look nice, I was kinda hoping to actually listen to them.

Big F*!*!*! Aggravation Connectors

Hi TL.
Try a search on Ebay for BFA Plugs or connectors. I see them quite often available on Ebay in the UK. If all else fails try an international search in Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cyrus-Amplifi...yZ122649QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If these are suitable then your local Cyrus dealer may stock them too. Linn and Cyrus both use these connectors.

I bet your frustrated by the wait though :smash: I know that I would be. Like Andrew says this was done because there is a miniscule chance that regular bananas may be pushed into UK mains sockets.

Better safe than....erm....convenient.

Hi,
bananas may be pushed into UK mains sockets.
no.
It's the unshuttered mains sockets that are the problem. More common in the remainder of Europe than the UK.

Where was the last place you saw 5A or 15A round pin unshuttered sockets in the UK?

It's Europe forcing their inadequate standards onto our market place and then our more responsible manufacturers running scared.
Have you seen many/any far eastern manufactured audio equipment with the same plugs? I guess many have ignored the risk.

ebay as source - uk ridiculous

I have a standing search for them on Ebay and all the hits I get are from Europe and it's going to kill me to pay to have them shipped from Europe, how ridiculous. These things better sound as good as they're supposed to, the connect thing is already turning me off (though they are beautiful).

What is "BFA", is that some type of connector designation?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.