caps and values - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd December 2002, 06:32 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default caps and values

Ok, I'll just say this:
a while back i got a few bags of capcitors in 5 values, about 200/bag. the caps are rated at +-10%.
i tested one bag and picked out the ones closest in values.

this is xmas vaction, so i can't retest them until next semester.

do poly (forgot what comes after poly...) caps keep their values and is there any market at all for the excess tested caps. most of the caps tested within a certain percentage of about 10-20 other caps, but i won't need all of them. I know this is more of a trading post section, but i don't want to post that i have something that i really don't (if the caps change values), or if i have something worthless. as a student, i figure i could sell off the excess caps and even test the other bags if it would allow me to purchase other things that i would get use out of.

does it seem feasable to sell "tested" capacitors for a small profit, possibly even for the price radio shack sells caps for (or even half that)? I was even thinking of putting some on ebay, but i'm not confident that they are worth it.

Hide this!Advertise here!