Cotrol knobs for a Tascam tape deck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently purchased two Tascam 122 tape decks, one a Mark II model, the other a Mark III. I thought I was being clever making the double purchase, as the older model (sold cheaply just for parts) had the one thing an otherwise excellent Mark III needed - the two volume controls for the left and right inputs. It was a great idea in theory, but the reality proved to be that I couldn't get the damn things off the Mark II machine! There are two small threaded holes on each knob that appear to be for a small screw to tighten them on to the spindle, but I can't for the life of me see any screws in place, and I'm wondering if a previous owner may have glued them on, or whether there's something I'm missing.

Failing that, does anyone have any idea where I could possible source these things? Would Tascam still provide parts for a deck that's been out of produvtion for a few years?

Thanks in advance

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Hi:

the screwdriver is about 1.5 mm thick.
Check out the picture below.

Regards,
Milan

Attachments

• tascam.jpg
    tascam.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 53
Thanks Milan!

You're a lifesaver Milan. Thanks for going to that trouble for me, it's much appreciated!

Cheers.........Tim

PS - I've known a lot of Croatians in my time back in Australia ( my sister-in-law is of Croatian parantage in fact) and always found them a great bunch of people.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.