Good general purpose opamp with good DC specs? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd October 2006, 05:25 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Good general purpose opamp with good DC specs?

Hi guys,

I work at a small company where my group does embedded systems design/prototyping. We're looking for a good precision op amp that's easy to use and won't have anyone sneering at what we used "under the hood". Application is usually sensors & measurement, usually low frequency stuff (DC performance is important), but potentially filters and other stuff too. Cost needs to be $2-3 dollars in small (<50) quantities.

I've been looking around. Is the AD8512 a good option? It's moderately speed, FET input, precision opamp and I think the specs look decent, but was wondering what others thought. Thanks!
Old 17th November 2006, 04:10 AM   #2
suzyj is offline suzyj  Australia-Aboriginal
diyAudio Member

We use a lot of OP177s for general DC work. They've got vanishingly low offset (20uV or so), moderately low supply current (2mA), low Ib (<2nA), low noise (~10nV/rtHz) and are reasonably cheap.

Only drawback is that they're not terribly fast.

Cheers,

Suzy

Hide this!Advertise here!