Where to get IEC Chassis Plug?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Umm, where can I get an IEC Chassis plug? MY Radioshack has cords that plug into them, but not the panel mount plug you can install on your chassis. I can't find it at partsexpress either. Or on the HomeDepot website.

I'm trying to build my first tube amp from scratch (not from a kit), and it seems like it's the simplest things that are the hardest to figure out because all you brainiacs take for granted that we English majors didn't learn basic things like how to wire to ground. I've got it figured out and just need a couple more parts to begin building my SOHA headphone amp.

The attached picture is what I want.

Attachments

• iec.jpg
    iec.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 195
Mouser electronics sells about 50 different kinds of those. The plain ones in your pic and others with switches, fuses, and filters built in, in many configurations.

They have no minimum order or handling charge, and charge only actual shipping cost, however, you will pay about $7 minimum shipping for even one small part.

They are in Texas, so you should get fairly quick delivery by UPS ground or USPS. They ship all in stock items same day. They pay shipping on backorders if it showed as in stock when you place your order.

I have no affiliation with them, I just buy all my DIY electronic stuff from them.

- Rick

Dead PSUs

Erv,

Check out any dead (or otherwise) AT or ATX PSU box. Or better yet, modify one to put put the high voltage(s) necessary to power your tube amp. Can't think of the thread on this subject, but I will post it if I find it, or just some pics of the conversion.

Cheers,

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.