Marantz PMD-340 Cheap - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th December 2002, 12:00 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz PMD-340 Cheap

I have been looking for a new affordable CD player. I had two that I really liked, the Marantz PMD-340 and the Rega Planet 2000. Yesterday while doing some price research on the two I came across a really good deal, and I thought I would pass it on. (Google didn't give me a really good price before.) The cheapest I could find the Marantz before yesterday was $619 new (list is $789), about 30-100 less then a used Planet. I couldn't find any used. Here is a link for the PMD-340 priced at $539, that includes s+h.

Jack's Music

I dug up some info at Stereophile.com about the PMD-340 for those of you who have never listened to it, while not a review, it is a recommendation. Go to page two. It is a really good CD player, at $539 IMHO it is exceptional.

PMD-340 recommendation

The list price they have on their site is for the PMD-331, it is a typo, so I called Jack's Music to confirm the advertised price and that they were indeed sending me a PMD-340. It shipped today. They are very friendly BTW.

Cheers,

Rob

P.S.

Marantz PMD-340
Old 17th December 2002, 01:16 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I thought it was too good to be true, they changed the price. Looks like I'm the only one to get it at $539. Oh well, it's now $599, which is still a good deal.

Rob

Hide this!Advertise here!