Marantz PMD-340 Cheap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been looking for a new affordable CD player. I had two that I really liked, the Marantz PMD-340 and the Rega Planet 2000. Yesterday while doing some price research on the two I came across a really good deal, and I thought I would pass it on. (Google didn't give me a really good price before.) The cheapest I could find the Marantz before yesterday was $619 new (list is $789), about 30-100 less then a used Planet. I couldn't find any used. Here is a link for the PMD-340 priced at $539, that includes s+h.

Jack's Music

I dug up some info at Stereophile.com about the PMD-340 for those of you who have never listened to it, while not a review, it is a recommendation. Go to page two. It is a really good CD player, at $539 IMHO it is exceptional.

PMD-340 recommendation

The list price they have on their site is for the PMD-331, it is a typo, so I called Jack's Music to confirm the advertised price and that they were indeed sending me a PMD-340. It shipped today. They are very friendly BTW.

Cheers,

Rob

P.S.

Marantz PMD-340

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.