Happy dumpster dive!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well, not really so much a dumpster dive, this cost me around $35.00 from my local recycle center.......

350+ pounds : .10cent a pound in the non-clean metal piles, usually dishwashers and microwaves only.

60 pounds highly polished alum heatsinks
30 pounds of faded black heatsinks
42 finned to247 pcb heatsinks
5 HUGE gapped Inductors
2 filter concepts 3phase line filters
several huge igbt!
a pile of ixys dsei30-60a diodes/ ixys mosfets/irfp260n
lots of copper bars- plates etc for caps
pcbs with alot of huge wima mkp caps etc...

$1 each- 2 APC battery backup UPS (APC1400/1100?) with good batts. plugged in and they self tested and worked, lol!

i couldnt haul off the real goodies some huge industrial welding units i guess? with some massive multi tap transformers (several KVA) but the transformer cores should be coming back sans the massive gauge copper wire the guy is removing so i can get them for a few bucks.

Attachments

• dumpster dive.jpg
    dumpster dive.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 408
Surplus stores and recycle centres are the best things since sliced bread, if it weren't for surplus stores I would never have gotten into DIY. You never know what you'll find in there, some days it ain't much, but sometimes you score big. Congrats, looks like you made a good haul!:)

ps. It's also great for instant gratification, if I'm missing a resistor or diode I don't have to wait for a mail-order to come in and get killed on shipping, drive down to the surplus shop and I have the part in my hand within 10 minutes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.