4 pole ROE Capacitor use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anybody know how to connect these 4 pole caps in a power supply - pictures attached. Pins are marked (- 1 2 3). Ther is a line running down the outside of cap in line with - pin.

I have connected neg lead to - and pos lead to 1 but I wonder how to use the other pins . I have read the Jensen 4 pole instructions but don't know which are my 2 input pins and which are my 2 output pins. Any way of testing?

They are 10,000uF 40V caps - can they be used in a 37V DC supply without being damaged?

Many thanks
John

Attachments

• roe caps 004.jpg
    roe caps 004.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 624
John,

hate to dissapoint you but i can't seem to remember Roederstein ever making 4-pole electroytics.

Roederstein did produce capacitors with 4 pins, as well as 3-pin caps, but the extra pins were just for mechanically better mounting.
Siemens also made electrolytic caps with additional pins, the 3-pin B41306 series and the 4-pin B43306 series. Also not 4-pole caps.
Of course, i could be wrong, but they are not in my 1980s Roederstein catalogue.

Thanks Jacco,
I preseume it is Roederstein cap? - written on the cap ROE elcap W-Germany (from memory - don't have cap in front of me now)

You're probably correct - it's not a true 4 pin cap as per Jensen - do you have a reference - can't find any google info.

I'll just have to test the pins with a meter.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.