Bob Pease on the New LM4562 - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th October 2006, 04:02 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

Default Sounds great to me also

I got my samples and put them in my modified Marantz CD63 CD player in place of the OP-249's of my original mod 10 years ago. Bass was equal and everything else was better, in a not at all subtle way.

The sound is very fast, transparent, dynamic, focused, and noiseless. Before the substitution I had a bit of general haze that the music emerged from. There is now just silence that notes appear from and have greater attack and dynamics.

Its taking some getting used to. My old opamps were euphonic with their warm, fuzzy haze. The LM4562 is just clear and crisp in comparison, with attention-grabbing dynamics. I may try to tame that with higher ESR bypass caps!

I'm ordering some SOIC samples now. Its worth burning my fingers on my DVD player and sound card to use these guys!

Can't wait for the quad also - I've been wanting to find exceptional ones for the front end of my Crown Macro Reference amp.
Old 25th October 2006, 04:24 PM   #102
legarem is offline legarem  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Sounds great to me also

Quote:
Originally posted by markk02474
I got my samples and put them in my modified Marantz CD63 CD player in place of the OP-249's of my original mod 10 years ago. Bass was equal and everything else was better, in a not at all subtle way.

The sound is very fast, transparent, dynamic, focused, and noiseless. Before the substitution I had a bit of general haze that the music emerged from. There is now just silence that notes appear from and have greater attack and dynamics.

Its taking some getting used to. My old opamps were euphonic with their warm, fuzzy haze. The LM4562 is just clear and crisp in comparison, with attention-grabbing dynamics. I may try to tame that with higher ESR bypass caps!

I'm ordering some SOIC samples now. Its worth burning my fingers on my DVD player and sound card to use these guys!

Can't wait for the quad also - I've been wanting to find exceptional ones for the front end of my Crown Macro Reference amp.

Let them break in some time before replacing your caps. They takes about 100 hours to play correctly. They will have mellower sound later and you will not loose definition. At first when new, bass is lacking and the hi-mids are a little hard.

Marc
Old 25th October 2006, 10:23 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

National would like to thank you very much for your sample order for the LM4562NA. Your devices will ship from our warehouse in Singapore as soon as possible.

Did I made it or my request is still waiting for an approval?
Old 26th October 2006, 12:53 AM   #104
clem_o is offline clem_o  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Seftali,

it means you did (i.e it was approved). They will send you another e-mail when it actually ships from the warehouse.

Cheers
Old 26th October 2006, 07:22 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by clem_o
Seftali,

it means you did (i.e it was approved). They will send you another e-mail when it actually ships from the warehouse.

Cheers
Thanks.. The reason why I can't believe is it just take seconds to get an approvel Requested some lm4780's also
Old 26th October 2006, 08:13 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Hehe, well it also takes seconds to get a disapproval - probably some computer system checking certain 'rules' and availability...

Cheers
Old 26th October 2006, 11:06 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

I think it's regeonal availability. Mine samples (to the US) were shipped from Asia. It seems the Europe is where the denials are occuring, and I am guessing it is due to a stock shortage there.
Old 26th October 2006, 12:46 PM   #108
ozonek is offline ozonek  China
diyAudio Member

Just received a LM4562HA in the metal can package and 3 in dIP. Not sure what is the difference between different packages...
Old 26th October 2006, 01:39 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Hermetics, dissipation and the ability to ground a metal package if needed - all "+" for the metal package, except of course cost, if one has to buy it...

:-)

cheers
Old 26th October 2006, 02:36 PM   #110
Jack C. is offline Jack C.  France
diyAudio Member

"It seems the Europe is where the denials are occuring"
I ordered mines on october 18th and received them 5 days after. ..
J

Hide this!Advertise here!