Pots n' Encoders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lo...

Ne1 know where to get the following, i've searched google and the major electronic stores online but couldnt find the specific ones needed...i also tried alps/bourns too

Rotary encoder, non-detented, with pushswitch (on-on momentary)...

10k Linear pots, detented - as many detents as poss...

Any pointer appreciated

All the rotary encoders with pushbutton shafts that I have seen have detents. That is because while pushing the shaft button, if your finger isn't centered directly on the axis of the shaft (and many different sorts of knobs are used), you will tend to rotate the encoder while you are pushing the button.

You might try getting one of the standard detented parts, open it up, and remove the detent mechanism- it should be pretty easy to do.

MR

It depends on the manufacturer. Sometimes there is a spring loaded ball that rides over a series of bumps on a disc- remove the ball and spring and the detents go away. Sometimes it is just a spring that slides over a series of bumps on a disc.

Just get one and open it up. It's not rocket science...

MR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.