Yamaha CA-series / CT-series parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just hit reload or copy/paste the URL. It sees the browser referral as a hotlink.

I still emphasize scavenging. If you want those screws new, maybe a Keystone distributor or Acklands-Granger. As for the brackets, they made 4 million brackets to go with a million chassis and they aren't sold seperately ;)

parts chassis....

Dragonmaster.. ok, enogh stuffis "missing" from your unit that maybe a part piece would make sense.

The wood case (I think it is on those units), could be sanded with a sanding block to get absolutely smooth and flat, the refinish them. As far as screws, ets, the screws should be available on any Yamaha chassis orthe same era, if not try someone like "The Bolt Supoply House" (Canadian). All they do are fasteners, and you guessed it, mainly threaded ones).

wish I could help further, but if I do see one of the old Yamahas as a parts piece, I 'll try to snag it for you.

OK, now about every inputs have only one or the other channel working. (Only AUX and PHONO 1 work with both channels)

Guess it's time to clean the selectors!

I should use DeoxIT and DeoxIT Gold(or SHIELD?) I suppose? (I still haven't bought any of them)

An other problem : When the room is cold, the amp won't start : The relay keeps clicking, with a strange squeal when activated. After a couple of seconds it finally starts with a continuous squeal(not through the speakers, from the amp itself) that stops after a while.

Also, there are some intermittent silent scratches / pops even when the preamp is off, I suppose it's due to transistor solders on the amp PCBs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.