diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Parts (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/)
-   -   Plitron (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/8526-plitron.html)

Dennis Hui 10th December 2002 05:57 PM

Plitron

I emailed Plitron a week ago with some questions
I needed answers before ordering. They still haven't
gotten back to me yet.

Are they usually this slow/unresponsive? :confused:

Dennis

Peter Daniel 10th December 2002 06:01 PM

You better call them.

seangoesbonk 10th December 2002 08:35 PM

A while back I sent a simple email requesting some shipping info. That took about 5 days to get back to me. If you're questions were more technical, it might take longer. I agree with Peter, the number is toll-free (and they are local to you) so you should call them. 1-800-PLITRON (1-800-754-8766).

Edit: A couple months back I ordered some transformers. I think Plitron is mostly made-to-order, so I had to wait almost 5 weeks. I guess you could call that "slow", although my parts were shipped out on exactly the same day as I was told they were going to.

Dennis Hui 10th December 2002 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by seangoesbonk
A while back I sent a simple email requesting some shipping info. That took about 5 days to get back to me. If you're questions were more technical, it might take longer. I agree with Peter, the number is toll-free (and they are local to you) so you should call them. 1-800-PLITRON (1-800-754-8766).

Edit: A couple months back I ordered some transformers. I think Plitron is mostly made-to-order, so I had to wait almost 5 weeks. I guess you could call that "slow", although my parts were shipped out on exactly the same day as I was told they were going to.

Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dennis

KenP 10th December 2002 11:08 PM

I also emailed them about 2 weeks ago asking some questions about their overstock transformers and never got an answer. Maybe they don't check their emails.

JoeBob 10th December 2002 11:31 PM

I've ordered from them and when I called they processesd my order right away, and that was right around this time last year. I'd say give them a call, even if they don't reply your emails they really do have good service.

roddyama 11th December 2002 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JoeBob
I've ordered from them and when I called they processesd my order right away, and that was right around this time last year. I'd say give them a call, even if they don't reply your emails they really do have good service.
I agree. Get their name, they're nice to talk to, and I'm sure they'll get your order going. I did this with my order and I had my transformer in a little over a week across the border.:D

Rodd Yamashita

grataku 11th December 2002 01:53 AM

Once plitron charged me twice for the same order, they recredited my account in CAD which for some strange reason had a spur growth in the echange rate during the previous 3 days. So there was a six USD difference between what I was charged and what I was reinbursed. After dealing with Helen for a few days she sent me a free copy of the Men-ho Vanderveen book.