Replacing meters in bench power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up a Sorenson SRL40-25 lab power supply from the Pratt and Whitney surplus store on Sat. I orginally I was hoping to get an oscilloscope but $10.60 for a PS, couldn't hurt to take a chance right? Voltage and current meters look a little worse for wear, especially the voltage meter. So here's my question(s) for the board: can I replace the analog meters with digital meters and if so what are some recommendations?

I haven't had a chance to actually plug it in yet cause it's a heavy mother.

thanks
art

Hi,
3.5 digit meters are fairly cheap.
Add a resistive attenuator to change the scale from 1.999V to 199.9V and just don't use the top half of the usable range (ruins sensitivity unfortunately). Maybe a press and hold button to temporarily decrease scale to 19.99V might be a nice to have). or buy more expensive 3.75 digit meters (4000 or 6000 count instead of 2000 count).

Similarly, add a current shunt to get your 1.999V scale to read the correct current.

Fit current and voltage meters, very handy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.