Europe cheap capacitor ????where

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could it be possible to start a GB for those caps????

Hi TJ

m looking cheap high capacitance capacitor in UK . did anyone know where ? 63v/ 47000uf min . higher the best thank

How many caps do you need TJ?

Im also locking for caps like those you are in the need of. My need is a minimum of 16 caps
(O.diameter of 3 inches, not higher than 5 inches) Could be 47-68,000uF/63-75V)

Wandering if this could be a basis for a Group Buy ????

Anymore members interested?

Regards :cool:

CAP-CERA02----10000uF, 63V-----tag mounting-----51mm dia.x80mm deep-----£26.00

closest to what your after that i can find.. on the hificollective website.. but as you can see, only 10000uF, not screw terminals and £26 but they are ELNA.... you can get the ones from RS which are 47000uF and have screw terminals for only £24 a piece..

Why not Nippon Chemi-Con ?

Hi TJ and DoomPixie

This year I was offered Nippon Chemi-Con from the EC-Partner in Norway.
Following types was offered me:

EKMH630LGC563MDC0M (56,000mF/63V Diameter 3") for $ 19.30 each (ca: € 15/£ 10,50)
EKMH630LGC683MEC0M (68,000mF/63V same diameter) for $ 20.50 each (ca € 16/£ 11,00)

This is netto prices, excluding VAT.

But I think there will be cheaper caps to find because prices in Norway is often much higher than in the rest of the world.

Havnt checked prices for ELNA or EPCOS, maybe I should do so ?

I will check prices for :

RIFA, ELNA, EPCOS, and Nippon. But it will take a week Im afraid to get all answers.
I will let you know what comes up.

A GB would only be beneficial if it is possible to place a big order (ordering boxes of caps not pcs)
There is generally 6-20 pcs in a box depending on brand.

Is there somebody else interesting in big computer grade caps with screw terminals for high current, low ESR application (like the Krell or Pass design) ? Dimension of the caps would be
3" diameter and not higher than 5.5" (Capacitance should be 56-100,000uF@63-75V)

I think we'd probably want to find out what works out the best value and buy as many as we can.. to get the biggest discounts we need to order a lot of the same capacitor.. Only problem with this is that theyr might not be exactly what everyone wants. thats the only real problem i can find with a group buy.. i mean if we all order different things we might aswell all just order them direct..lol. I'll phone round the surplus guy's i know and see if any of them have anything tasty in and find out prices.. they normally give discounts at 10, 25 and 50 items.. possibly on higher numbers too but i have never ordered any larger numbers from them..lol
Owen

No good prices so far or.......?

Hi all of you

I have investigated prices for other capacitor brand but failed to find better price offer than this:

This year I was offered Nippon Chemi-Con from the EC-Partner in Norway.
Following types was offered me:

EKMH630LGC563MDC0M (56,000mF/63V Diameter 3") for $ 19.30 each (ca: € 15/£ 10,50)
EKMH630LGC683MEC0M (68,000mF/63V same diameter) for $ 20.50 each (ca € 16/£ 11,00)

This is netto prices, excluding VAT.

Regarding RIFA caps series PEH169 (85°C series) I have found there is no other cap beating them if looking at the tech. spec. (lowest of everything and best long life at 85°C)

Now, when investigate for RIFA PEH169MU547VMU2 -prices (SAME DIMENSION) I was offered those at a price of $ 31-32.00 each if buying a min quantity of 50 pcs!!?? This was a damn good price (from "Rutronic in Norway) but I havnt the money that is needed to make a such a big investment (a totals of >$ 2,000). I dont know if it is worth a GB for those caps?
If ordering RIFA caps you will not receive them earlier than 30 weeks after placing the order!!??

Steenoe:
will consider joining in, if you get really good prices on the Rifa's

What is "good prices" for you?

If not ordering The RIFA, I would like to try the Nippon Chemi-Con: EKMH630LGC683MEC0M for $ 20.50 each.

If I could arrange it in that way that my supplier could ship the caps directly to your addresses (in your country) then you dont have to pay the norwegian custom tax/or VAT (25%), only your own customs. I manage to do this when organizing the GB for Conrad heat sinks (from Australia) earlier this year. But for caps, I dont know (but nearly same price each). Only problem could be that the supplier only ship whole boxes of caps, not single caps.

BTW, in another thread at this forum there is a discussion going on regarding faked semiconductors from China. A time back I investigated prices from China regarding those RIFA caps and I discovered that I could buy them to any price chosen (at least from $ 8.00 and upwards)? This made me suspicious and now I wander if they also produce faked RIFA caps!!?? If not, $ 8.00 is cheap, isnt it?

Any comments/inputs to this...............

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.