Interesting cable from Europe - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2006, 02:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Wink Interesting cable from Europe

Do anyone wants to probe pure carbon cable?
Smooth sound, low noise, much detail
Insulation polyethilen, resistance 5 Ohm/m, outer diameter 4mm.
You can use it for interconnenting, inner cabling of low current signal in amplifiers, dac, cd players, etc.
The first ten diy member, who are interested in, now get the stuff for no costs at all.
I'll post 4x25cm cables, already applied with contacts, so you can solder easy them.
I only want to read your serious experience about the diy use of these cables.
Old 17th August 2006, 03:02 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

why not?i'm in for a set!let's try these...you can post a picture it will be more interesting...
Old 17th August 2006, 03:20 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Sign me up for your carbon cables. I am currently building a new pre and power amp and I am experimenting using the best quality components that I can sanely afford without angering my wife. I am also building my own cables using techniques that can be downloaded from the net. As u can imagine, if I use good quality components in my amps, I would expect the same quality in my cables. I could use the carbon cables as hookup wires in my pre amp and possibly the power amp.

I have also diyed my own UP OCC based copper interconnects, while they are good, I am still not satisfied and I am now experimenting with different geometry for the interconnect construction. If your carbon cables work as well as you advertise, I would be in audio nirvana. Since I am building balanced XLR cables, any chance that I can get 6 x 50cm cables? 25cm is abit short for my application.

While not complaining, 4x25cm would do just as nicely.

Thanks
Old 17th August 2006, 03:29 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

i'm building too!8 x lm4780 parallel power amp!!i was thinking to use for dac to amp connection, but are they coaxial?anyway i have several places where to use them...
Old 17th August 2006, 04:02 PM   #5
torzsok is offline torzsok  Hungary
diyAudio Member

I'm in also. The cheaper for you, as I'm from Budapest too.
Old 17th August 2006, 07:18 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default me too, sign me up for two X 30 meters

I will be building microphone XLR cables (as pre-amp to amp interface and/or microphone to pre-amp) ... similar to jasonlky above. I too "am experimenting using the best quality components that I can sanely afford without angering my wife".

I will need two "carbon wires", 30 meters total length each, for prototypes. (Conductor diameter of 4 MM with 5 Ohms per meter should not be a problem as it is additive to overall impedence ... yes?)

Your recommendations for structure of these XLR terminated cables will be appreciated = two "carbon wire" with metal wire ground? ... three "carbon wire"? ... other? ... termination with what? ... silver solder? ... mechanical (pressure)? ... other?

Got production costs? (Payment by PayPal?) ... volume discounts? ... shipping wieghts? ... importing into Nortrh America, duties and/or taxes?

All of the above can be resolved later, but prototypes first, yes?

email: support@firewirestuff.com

http://industrialcomponent.com/contact.html

Old 17th August 2006, 07:24 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default me too, samples as above

Yes I would like to get your 25 CM sample(s) for initial tests prior to purchase of segments as I describe above.

Will I need two? ... or three? ... to build a complete XLR cable.

I believe for XLR cables it might be a good idea to use #18 AWG silver/copper, teflon covered as ground (center) conductor in a balanced line, mostly for mechanical reasons. ... Yes?

Thanks

Old 17th August 2006, 11:32 PM   #8
Stevox is offline Stevox  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi,

You can also, Sign me up for your free carbon cables.
I am currently building a DAC and could use some good cable for inside the dac.

Thanks,
Old 18th August 2006, 04:29 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I'm interested in trying this out.
Old 18th August 2006, 04:32 AM   #10
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

am I in first 10?

I'm interested to compare carbon to till now my fave silvered Cu tiny solid core..........

Hide this!Advertise here!