Interesting cable from Europe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do anyone wants to probe pure carbon cable?
Smooth sound, low noise, much detail
Insulation polyethilen, resistance 5 Ohm/m, outer diameter 4mm.
You can use it for interconnenting, inner cabling of low current signal in amplifiers, dac, cd players, etc.
The first ten diy member, who are interested in, now get the stuff for no costs at all.
I'll post 4x25cm cables, already applied with contacts, so you can solder easy them.
I only want to read your serious experience about the diy use of these cables.

Hi,

Sign me up for your carbon cables. I am currently building a new pre and power amp and I am experimenting using the best quality components that I can sanely afford without angering my wife. I am also building my own cables using techniques that can be downloaded from the net. As u can imagine, if I use good quality components in my amps, I would expect the same quality in my cables. I could use the carbon cables as hookup wires in my pre amp and possibly the power amp.

I have also diyed my own UP OCC based copper interconnects, while they are good, I am still not satisfied and I am now experimenting with different geometry for the interconnect construction. If your carbon cables work as well as you advertise, I would be in audio nirvana. Since I am building balanced XLR cables, any chance that I can get 6 x 50cm cables? 25cm is abit short for my application.

While not complaining, 4x25cm would do just as nicely.

Thanks

me too, sign me up for two X 30 meters

I will be building microphone XLR cables (as pre-amp to amp interface and/or microphone to pre-amp) ... similar to jasonlky above. I too "am experimenting using the best quality components that I can sanely afford without angering my wife".

I will need two "carbon wires", 30 meters total length each, for prototypes. (Conductor diameter of 4 MM with 5 Ohms per meter should not be a problem as it is additive to overall impedence ... yes?)

Your recommendations for structure of these XLR terminated cables will be appreciated = two "carbon wire" with metal wire ground? ... three "carbon wire"? ... other? ... termination with what? ... silver solder? ... mechanical (pressure)? ... other?

Got production costs? (Payment by PayPal?) ... volume discounts? ... shipping wieghts? ... importing into Nortrh America, duties and/or taxes?

All of the above can be resolved later, but prototypes first, yes?

email: support@firewirestuff.com

http://industrialcomponent.com/contact.html

:smash:

me too, samples as above

Yes I would like to get your 25 CM sample(s) for initial tests prior to purchase of segments as I describe above.

Will I need two? ... or three? ... to build a complete XLR cable.

I believe for XLR cables it might be a good idea to use #18 AWG silver/copper, teflon covered as ground (center) conductor in a balanced line, mostly for mechanical reasons. ... Yes?

Thanks

:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.