Mill your LED's!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The plastic smells like acrylic. Is it?

It probably is judging by its hardness, but I think it smells like CA. Probably not too good to breath the dust in either way.

BUT, your copper face plate is even nicer. A beauty

Thank you.

I really only used copper because I can get free bits of it at work. Theres also a sheer there I can trim them down with. The aluminum end plates for the Penn enclosure are $2 each, so I was just being cheap. I do like the look however. The copper is sealed with a nice coat of DEFT.

Not much to tell about it really. Only thing inside is an assembled AMP3 from 41hz.com. The power supply is a line lump style switching supply.

Nothing special about the chassis either, its just a $9.50 Penn project box from parts express. I've had the enclosure for some time but needed new ends for it and didn't want to buy more so I just used some scrap copper I got from work.

I was just trying to be cheap but I did turn out rather nice. The whole project cost under $100.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
For those of you how want LEDs, you can't do much better than this guy on eBay. LED Store .

I buy from him all the time, and am always happy. Huge selection, great prices, cheap shipping. If you don't see what you want, just ask, he often has what you need.
E.G. white LEDS in a frosted case.

I even bought some tiny red/green/blue blinking LEDs from him that I put on the ends of my handlebar moustache. A great hit at the Christmas party! :clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.