bypass capacitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know of a current supplier in the United States, of the Vishay Roederstein MKP 1837 capacitor, who sells in small quantities ? If so, would you post company name, address, phone number or website ? I understand this to be a spectacular bypass cap and wish to experiment with them. Thank you all.....

omni said:
Does anyone know of a current supplier in the United States, of the Vishay Roederstein MKP 1837 capacitor, who sells in small quantities ? If so, would you post company name, address, phone number or website ? I understand this to be a spectacular bypass cap and wish to experiment with them. Thank you all.....

Mouser www.mouser.com -- and sometimes you will see bulk lots on EBay.

Allied Electronics and Future Electronics also carry Roederstein MKP's -- they are a bit more preferential to large orders.

You don't want to rule out WIMA's -- these are really excellent as well.

omni said:
I have read great reviews about the Vishays, namely Tony Gee website,. Are the WIMA caps similar to the Vishays and if so, where in the U.S. can they be purchased ?

I've tried the Wima MKP10 as a bypass cap. It does give a fraction more clarity but it does add some sort of "plastic glaze" to the sound. A good alternative to the MKP1837 are Styroflex (polystyrene) capacitors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.