Cheap Resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I have been doing a lot of diy electronics stuff lately, and am quickly starting to deplete my resistor assortment. I am looking for cheap resistors that cover the typical range and values. Most of the stuff that I do is not dependent on sound quality (I use sound to trigger lights, etc) so the type of resistor is pretty much unimportant (axial and not smd is about the only requirement)

I've looked on ebay and they can get cheap if I order a lot of them... Do you guys suggest I look anywhere else?

Thanks!

Yeah thats abotu what it looks like the assortment prices are on ebay. About $40 for 5,000 1/4w shipped. I guess all said and done that's a pretty damn good deal. I guess I just need to check my account book and see if I can justify another $40 of electronics into my budget. I wish I could spend $10 and get 1000 shipped. I found 1000 on ebay for about $20 but the economies of scale bug me and I figure I might as well go with the 5000.

If anyone has any deals better than this, that would be great!

Thanks for the fast response. That site looks like a good source.

Cheap resistors

Hi all

Sometime ago a found a site that sells metal film 1% 1/4 W
resistors for 2 cents each, mimum order 10 of each value.
Since then I've been ordering from this site and the stuff is
ok, more than ok, excellent, as oposed to for example Mouser that sells Xicon metals for 7 cents each.

Besides the rest of the stuff is also very appropriate as far as price,
5 watt resistors for $.20 and mylar caps for 100 volts $.12 each.
Compare with Mouser or Digi-key and you'll see the diffference.

This is the site for me. BTW the BC series transistors are also
12 cents each, no minimum quantities.

The site http://www.futurelec.com

newark used to have a good rate on resistors. something like 0.9 cents each in 200 qty, which wasn't bad. i think they realized the mistake and fixed it though.

web-tronics has carbon resitors at very low prices, but bulk. 0.3 cents each for 1000... still, if you've got friends you might go in for a couple hunderd each of each value.

http://www.web-tronics.com/carfilres14w1.html

maybe get a few standard values?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.