Boutique Bi-polars?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wondered about this since there are 'exotic' caps, resisters
wire etc .
How about bi-polars etc I do not recollect hearing of super
expensive active 'audiophile' components?

I suppose this sort of thing would be harder to market as a simple
upgrade etc.

Do forgive me if this has been covered before [most likely buried
somewhere here!]or seems an ill informed question as I am new to this field.

Just curious as to what people have to say say in light of the recent tweak threads regarding skinning caps, solder ,silver etc.

Setmenu:xeye:

Some semiconductor manufacturers will make custom FETs for you, if you wave enough money in front of them.

You can also get raw BJT, JFET, MOSFET et al dies and have these exotically repackaged. Again the outcome depends on how much money you are willing to spend.

Even IRF offers special hermetically sealed can versions of certain MOSFETs, some radiation-hardened; others with internal BeO themal pads that allow the device to be mounted directly to an electrically conductive heatsink.

Devices like the IRFM240, IRFY240c, IRFM9240, IRFY9240c (to name a few that could be used in Pass Labs designs) go for something like US$50~60 each, if I recall correctly.

hth, jonathan carr

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.