where to get vishay-dales rn55/60 (not including mouser)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Check ebay

Do a search for RN60E* on ebay. The one listing with come up. The seller has lots of D and C tempco in the online store. The milspc 1/4 and 1/2 watt are what you are looking for. Most are brown bodied Dale.
But only a few E tempco. Another tempco classification is T-9, it is the same as E.
You got to watch Surplus Sales of Nebraska. They have lots of resistors listed that they do not actually have. Most likely you will get back an alternative for values and ratings not in stock. Plus they are manufacturer blind. The bag will have brown Dales, greens, blues, reds, and blacks. I prefer only one color and manufacturer when building a project. This is what happened when I ordered about 500 E type spread out in 30 values.
The guy on ebay shows pictures so you see what you get.

George

Any reason you don't want to use Mouser? I have ordered from them. Fast, complete, and reasonable shipping/postage costs (I am in Sydney). I am planning on using them again.

Incidentally, I have a reasonable number of the RN series that I mistakenly ordered for an amp project - I stupidly did not notice the slightly increased package size compared to a standard 1/4W. End result - around $100 of unused resistors! Values I have are 10, 15, 22.1, 33.2, 121, 274, 332, 475, 562, 825, 1K, 4.75K, 10K, 100K, 1M.

Nigel

To my ears, yes

jarthel said:
does the different RN version (i.e. RN60D vs RN60E) have different sonic qualities? or it's just the tolerances and others specs?

I have swapped out 1% C type RN55's with 0.1% E type RN55 and heard a smoother, more full bodied sound. The dynamics seemed like there was a little more contrast. This may have neen my imagination also.
The E type are not a lot more expensive when buying surplus, just harder to find. Plus much more limited availability of values.
I think these are right at Caddocks, and a little behind S102's as far as resistor ranking. Take with a grain of salt, I still have lots of circuits built with AB carbon comps. Like them too.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.