MJL4281A & MJL4302A transistors - UK supplier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Digikey is very UK unfriendly.
As well as bumping up their UK prices to way above the US$ price they add on what appears to be extorionate delivery charges and small order charges.

It appears that they are simply exporting from the US and charging like all the other money grabbers do. Converting from US$ to UK£ with a currency conversion of worse than 1:1.

I have, as a result, kept clear of them as a supplier.

Hi,
just got a chance to look up my UK paper catalogue.
£12 del charge from Falls US.
£10 handling charge.
both +VAT
£3.99 each or £36.44 for 10

Buy 6pairs for a stereo 3pair and the bill comes to £82.11, that's about $12.60 each. ouch!
That's almost five times OnSemi's guide price.

I even considered a bulk order of over £100 to avoid the charges but their UK pricing policy still made it uneconomic. I would have to be desperate to support Digikey.

Re: Re: MJL4281A & MJL4302A transistors - UK supplier?

frank1 said:

OK, I'll reply to myself.
AFAIK, these semiconductors are not available in the UK.

You can get them shipped to the UK from http://www.digikey.com/ but it will cost you $26 postage.
Frank

Have you tried OnSemi's website. You can request samples or, I believe, buy from them directly if you're opposed to asking for freebies. I am not sure about shipping costs, etc., but it might be worth a look.

SteveA

PS, they list the devices at USD 2.50 each

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.