use normal caps as non-polar caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That would defeat the purpose and just be a polarized cap of half value(asuming the two are the same). Each cap must be twice the intended value and connected head to head in order to be non-polar. IMO, there are better ways, i e a non-polar cap.:D

Hi jcx,

I did the search according to what you tell me to do, but sorry, nothing was returned.

My question is a bit different, isn't it? All the post I have gone thru is about 'head to head' or 'tail to tail' in series but what I am asking is 'head to tail' in parallel. Hope I had made myself clear and you know what I have in mind.

Hi jcx,

I did the search according to what you tell me to do, but sorry, nothing was returned.

My question is a bit different, isn't it? All the post I have gone thru is about 'head to head' or 'tail to tail' in series but what I am asking is 'head to tail' in parallel. Hope I had made myself clear and you know what I have in mind.

oh you mean in parallel but with the caps reversed right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.